I’ve been doing quite a bit of driving lately. In addition to driving to Southern California and to the Bay Area in the past month I often drive to visit my Dad who recently moved to Reno. It takes about 25 minutes to get to his new apartment. Along the way I have really been enjoying listening to podcasts. I subscribe to them on iTunes and then download them to my iPod. I have an iPod FM adapter for the car so I can listen to the podcasts while I drive. Here is a list of some of my favorites.
- Amateur Traveler – travel for the love of it – The host of Amateur Traveler tells personal stories and interviews real travelers. This podcast makes it very easy to travel vicariously.
- This American Life from Chicago Public Radio – Almost every episode is thought provoking and interesting.
- The New York Times Book Review Podcast and the Washington Post Book World Podcast – I love books and talk of books
- New Yorker – Campaign Trail – A weekly update and discussion of the Presidential campaign.
- This Week In Photography – I am learning lots I didn’t know about digital photography and photography web sites and photography in general.
- Travel with Rick Steves – Another podcasts that inspires me to think about my future and past travels.
- The Thomas Jefferson Hour with Clay Jenkinson – I just started listening to this Podcast and so far I love it! Jenkinson is a humanities scholar and expert on Thomas Jefferson. Coincidentally he currently lives in Bismarck, North Dakota where I grew up.
- Science Talk – The podcast of Scientific American – Interesting and intriguing.