Today was rainy, wet, and cool but we still saw a lot of Chiloé. This morning we visited the San Miguel de Agüi Fort. It was originally built in 1779 and was the last outpost of the Spanish in the Americas until it became a part of Chili in 1826.
The fort is directly across the harbor from where we stayed last night but because of the fog and rain we couldn’t see across the harbor.
Next we went out to the Corona lighthouse.
For lunch we stopped overlooking the shore and ate our leftover fish from last night. The seagulls were picking up shells and flying up to drop them over and over until the shell opened so the gulls could eat what was inside.
In the afternoon we drove 100 miles south to Quellón where we are tonight. Quellón is the southern terminus of the Pam American Highway and is close to the southern end of Chiloé Island.