We hiked another part of the Tahoe Rim Trail yesterday. This time we hiked on the east side of the lake. Duke and I started at Tahoe Meadows on the Mount Rose Highway and hiked 9 miles south on the Tahoe Rim Trail to Tunnel Creek Road. Tunnel Creek Road is also called the Flume Trail and is very popular with mountain bikers. We hiked down three miles from the TRT to highway 28 which is on the shore of the shore of the lake. So we did 9 miles on the TRT and 3 miles down to where we parked the truck.
It was a beautiful day. It started out with completely blue sky but by the time we were finished thunder clouds were rolling in. The views from this part of the trail are fantastic.
Here is a list of all the parts of the trail we have done so far.
- Tahoe Meadows to Tunnel Creek Road – June 19, 2009 ( yesterday)
- Ward Canyon to Tahoe City – June 16, 2009
- Brockway to Tahoe City – July 3, 2008
- Kingsbury to Big Meadow - Aug 7, 2008
- Big Meadow to Echo Lake – Aug 14, 2008
- Mount Rose to Brockway - June 26, 2008
- Spooner Summit to Kingsbury Grade – June 21, 2008
Here are a few of the pictures from the hike yesterday. You can see all my pictures on Flickr here.